Do you have on-the-go, avid readers who don’t have time to attend an onsite book club? Or perhaps a home-bound community who cannot easily get to the library and share their love of a book? Now you can bring the book club experience beyond the library walls with Odilo eBookClub – an online social reading experience, available anytime, anywhere.
For the Reader:
Whether community members or students, end-users of all levels will enjoy this interactive literary experience. eBookClub members are provided with direct access to the featured book, online discussions, live chat sessions, note-taking, highlighting, sharing, and commenting on select passages. Members are notified by email of any new activity, comment, etc., that occurs within their club. End-users can easily follow and become a member of many different eBookClubs, whether enjoying a digital or print book. Plus – no driving required!
For the Library:
eBookClubs are simple for library staff to create and facilitate; and staff can save time by providing limited administrative rights to a volunteer, patron, student, and/or educator. eBookClubs allow the library to provide an engaging online book club exclusively for eBook readers, or via a blended model which allows eBook and print readers the chance to engage with each other in an innovative online platform. Libraries can purchase one-copy/one-user bestsellers from OdiloPlace (ODILO’s marketplace), take advantage of Pay-per-Use titles, and/or feature titles from local authors (and then invite the authors to participate in the club!). Plus – no meeting rooms required!
Bring your book clubs into the digital age and become the reading hero in your community. Email today for more information!
- Promote digital literacy and encourage active participation.
- Customize eBookClubs with additional tabs, links, and unique information.
- Establish milestones to assist in the reading journey, assign reading deadlines, live chat sessions, etc.
- Easily share comments and passages in emails or social media.
- Keep personal notes throughout the eBook for later reference.
- Compliment classroom learning, whether K12, college, or even ESL. Educators can add quizzes, notes, videos, and other supplemental educational materials.
Be sure to visit ODILO at ALA in Orlando (booth #451) and enjoy a quick demo of our eBookClub!